We've compiled answers to some of the most common questions our customers have asked.
1) Do you operate year round?
We hope to! We have for the last four years, but have had difficulty finding a permanent winter home. This year, we have not yet found a suitable space. Our outdoor markets operate from June - October. This year, our Great Neck indoor market will operate on Sundays from November- December 10 - 2 (No market on November 26th)
2) What kind of products can I find at the market?
Our market offers a great selection of locally grown vegetables, dairy and meats, farm fresh eggs, fresh seafood, fresh baked bread and sweets, honey, pickles, ravioli, grab-and-go and bake-at-home prepared foods, juices, healthy snacks and more! We also have weekly guest art and craft vendors. All products are grown or produced on Long Island.
3) Are there any vendors accepting food stamps/SNAP benefits?
Currently we do not accept SNAP or EBT, though we aspire to in the future! Our PRODUCE vendors do accept Seniors and WIC FMNP coupons.
4) Can I bring my pets to the market?
Leashed and well-behaved pets are welcome. We adore our furry customers! Please be mindful that the Glen Cove location is in a parking lot and the asphalt can get quite hot in the summer. Stick to the grassy areas or the lighter colored sidewalks on hot days. Cold water is always available at the managers tent.
5) Is there parking available at the market?
All markets have plenty of parking on the street and in designated lots. (The designated lot for Garvies Point Park is the at the Ferry Terminal lot - please look for signs. The municipal lot closest to Firefighters Park is on Grace Ave between Bond St and Park Pl.)
6) Is the market held rain or shine?
Yes,we are a rain or shine market - unless of course the weather is too dangerous. If in question, updates can be found on our social media.
High winds are the biggest danger for farmers markets.
7) Are there any live music or entertainment events at the market?
There is live music every week at the outdoor markets! We also host occasional children's events (Story Time, arts and crafts).
8) Can I order products in advance?
Many of our vendors encourage pre-orders. All pre-orders should be placed directly with the vendor.
9) Are there any public restrooms available at the market?
Yes, there are public restrooms at all locations. (Restrooms for Garvies Point Park are at the boat ramp and on the promenade near the dog park and Ferry Terminal parking lot.)
10) How do I become a vendor?
If you are interested in becoming a vendor please Please fill out our pre-application via the following links:
11) Are there any restrictions on what types of products can be sold at the market?
Deep Roots Farmers Market is strictly makers and growers market. We do not allow the sale of products that are purchased for resale, MLM products or any or promotion of services. Local non-profits may inquire about tabling on a guest basis. No tabling for political purposes (candidates or issues) is allowed, with the exception of voter registration drives.
12) Can I use credit/debit cards at the market?
Yes, various forms of payment are accepted by our vendors.
13) Is there a list of vendors available online?
Our weekly vendor lists can be found on our social media pages posted by the Friday before the weekend markets. The season's full roster of vendors can be found on the VENDORS page.
14) Can I bring my own picnic blanket or seating?
Yes, and there are seating options at each outdoor market location.
15) Are there any handicap accessible features at the market?
Yes, there is parking and ramps for easy access.